June 7, 2011

An Idea

So, even though it seems like everyone else with internet access and a computer has one, I have decided to start this blog. Mostly because I have too much free time on my hands. To say that I like books would be a huge understatement. To say that I love books...would still be a pretty big understatement. I read many different kinds of books and, for a while now, I have been wanting to write reviews on them, for two reasons. One, because, as stated before, I have way too much free time. Two, because I want to help people looking for books to enjoy.

It seems like hardly anyone has time to read anymore. I can imagine that when people find the time to, they don't want to sit down and waste their time on a story they get halfway into and realize they don't like. By writing reviews, I want to tell you what to expect, what my personal opinion is, and then have you make up your mind about whether or not you want to spend time on the book or not. Because, believe it or not, all books are not worth reading. When there are so many fantastic stories out there, you don't want to spend time on only the mediocre ones. You want to spend time on the ones you get sucked into, and the characters come alive, and the story becomes so real you forget about everything else around you until you flip past that final page and close the covers, and then lean your head back, close your eyes and breath a sigh of contentment. I hope I can help. Plus, I need a place to post stuff I write. So voila. Here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment